1、 Personal profile
Zhang Rui: male, doctoral supervisor, associate professor; engaged in interdisciplinary research in Quaternary Geology and environment, geophysics, environmental magnetism, neotectonic movement and other disciplines. Doctor, University of Alberta, Canada. He has been working in Northwest University since May 2011.
1997-2001, Department of geology, Northwest University, base class, bachelor's degree
• 2011-2004, Department of geology, Northwest University, Quaternary geology, master's degree
From 2004 to 2006, Institute of Geology and Geophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Solid Geophysics, Ph.D
• 2006-2011, Department of physics, University of Alberta, Canada, geophysics, Ph.D
• 2011-2004, assistant professor, Department of geology, Northwestern University
2004-2006, Institute of Geology and Geophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, assistant research
2006-2011, Department of physics, assistant research and teaching, University of Alberta, Canada
2011 - present, associate professor, Department of geology, Northwestern University
From 2011 to now, special expert of Shaanxi Provincial Committee, Department of geology, Northwest University
2、 Scientific research
Presided over or participated in scientific research projects (projects) and talent planning projects (in reverse chronological order):
1. Project of National Natural Science Foundation of China, 41772027, comparative study of K-T boundary magnetic stratigraphy and cyclic stratigraphy in Qinling red basin, 2018 / 01-2021 / 1200000 yuan, under research, presided over
2. Project of National Natural Science Foundation of China, 41372037, paleomagnetic age and environmental magnetism research of main mammal groups in Erlian Basin of Inner Mongolia in early Paleogene, 2014 / 01-2017 / 12, 900000 yuan, under research, presided over
3. Key project of National Key Laboratory of continental dynamics, China Loess red clay record and land sea comparative study of paleowesterly circulation and Asian paleomonsoon, 2012 / 05-2016 / 05, 1 million yuan, closed, presided over
4. Research on the temporal and spatial change of the paleolocation of Lhasa block before and after the collision, a sub project of the special project of Qinghai Tibet (category B) of the strategic leading science and technology program of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2012 / 01-2016 / 123 million yuan, completed and participated in (ranking second)
5. Shaanxi Natural Science Foundation project, 2012jq5005, dynamics research of East Asian monsoon system recorded by magnetic fabric on the Loess Plateau, 2012 / 01-2015 / 12, 40000 yuan, closed, presided over
6. Doctoral Fund of the Ministry of education, 20110001120103, magnetic fabric characteristics of eolian sedimentary strata and restoration of paleowind field in China, 2012 / 01-2015 / 12, 40000 yuan, closed, presided over
1.L. Zhang, X. Long,R. Zhang, Y. Dong, C. Yuan, W. Xiao and Y. Wang.Source characteristics and provenance of metasedimentary rocks from the Kangxiwa Group in the western Kunlun Orogenic Belt,NW China:Implications for tectonic setting and crustal growth. Gonwana Research, 2017, 46,43-56.
2.H. Gong,R. Zhang*, Y. Zhang and L. Yue.A new model for correlation between the Marine Benthic Oxygen isotope and Red Clay Magnetic Susceptibility on the Chinese Loess Plateau. Acta Geologica Sinca(English Edition), 2017, 91(3),1163-1164.
3.L. R. Yang, J. X. Li, L. P. Yue, H. L. Wang, H. J. Guo, X. H. Zhu, T. Zhu and R. Zhang.Paleogene -Neogene stratigraphic realm and tectonic-sedimentary evolution of the Qilian Mountains and their surrounding areas. Science China Earth Sciences, 2017, 60(5), 992-1009.
4.Gong, H. Zhao, W. Xie, W. Kang, R. Zhang, L. Yang, Y. Zhang and J. Song.Tectono -thermal events of the North Qilian Orogenic Belt,NW China,Constraints from detrital zicon U-Pb ages of Heihe River sediments. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences,2017, 138,647-656.
5.H. Gong, W. Xie, R. Zhang and Y. Zhang.U-Pb ages of detrital zircon and provenances of Red Clay in the Chinese Loess Plateau.Journal of Asian Sciences,2017, 138, 495-501.
6.H. Gong, W. Xie, J. Wang, R. Zhang, Y. Zhang and L. Yang.Zircon U-Pb ages of Quaternary Loess-Paleosol Sequences from the Luochuan Section:Implication for Sediment Provenance. Acta Geologica Sinica(English Edition),2017.
7.H. Gong, J. Nie, Z. Wang, W. Peng, R. Zhang and Y. Zhang.A comparison of zircon U-Pb age results of the Red Clay sequence on the central Chinese Loess Plateau. Scientific reports,2016, 6, 29642.
8.T. Anwar, V. A. Kravchinsky and R. Zhang.Magneto - and Cyclostratigraphy in the red clay sequence:New age model and paleoclimatic implication for the eastern Chinese Loess Plateau.Journal of Geophysical Research:Soild Earth ,2015, 120(10), 6758-6770.
9.H. Gong, R. Zhang*, L. Yue, Y. Zhang and J. Li.Magnetic fabric from Red Clay sediments in the Chinese Loess Plateau.Scientific Reports, 2015, 59706 (co authors)
11. R. Zhang*, V. A. Kravchinsky and L. Yue.Link between global cooling and mammalian transformation across the Eocene-Oligocene boundary in the continental interior of Asia International Journal of Earth Sciences. 2012, 101(8), 2193-2200
12. Zhang Rui, Yue Leping, Gong Hujun, Zhang Yunxiang, Li Jianxing. Study on the anisotropy of magnetic susceptibility of Gao Yuanfeng sediment of loess. Quaternary study.2012, 32 (4), 719-727
13.R. Zhang*.Paleomagnetic and Petromagnetic studies of Chinese Cenozoic sediments:Paleoclimatic ,tectonic and evolutionary implications.2011.
14.R. Zhang*, V. A. Kravchinsky, R. Zhu, and L. Yue. Paleomonsoon route reconstruction along a W–E transect in the Chinese Loess Plateau using the anisotropy of magnetic susce ptibility:summer monsoon model. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 2010, 299, 436-446.
16. Zhang Rui *, Yue Leping, Wang Jianqi. Paleomagnetic dating of Cenozoic mammal fossils in Junggar basin. Science Bulletin, 2006, 51843-847
17.V. A. Kravchinsky, D. R. Eccles, R. Zhang and M. Cannon. Paleomagnetic dating of the Northern Alberta kimberlites. Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences, 2009, 46, 231–245.
18. R. Zhu, R. Zhang, C. Deng, Y. Pan. Q. Liu, and Y. Sun. Are Chinese loess deposits essentially continuous? Geophysical Research Letters, 2007, 34, L17306, doi:10.1029/2007GL030591.
19.C. Deng, R. Zhu, R. Zhang, H. Ao, Y. Pan. Timing of the Nihewan Formation and faunas. Quaternary Research, 2008, 69, 77–90.
20.C. Deng, Q. Wei, R. Zhu , H. Wang , R. Zhang, H. Ao, L. Chang, Y. Pan. Magnetostratigraphic age of the Xiantai Paleolithic site in the Nihewan Basin and implications for early human colonization of Northeast Asia. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 2006, 244, 336–348.
21.R. Zhu, Q. Liu, Y. Pan, C. Deng, R. Zhang, X. Wang. No apparent lock-in depth of the Laschamp geomagnetic excursion: Evidence from the Malan loess. Science in China Series D:Earth Sciences, 2006, 49, 960–967. DOI: 10.1007/s11430-006-0960-x
23.L. Yue, T. Deng, R. Zhang, Z. Zhang, F. Heller, J. Wang, L. Yang. Paleomagnetic chronology and record of Himalayan movements in the Longgugou section of Gyirong-Oma basin in Xizhang (Tibet). Chinese Journal of Geophysics, 2004, 47, 1135-1142.
24. Yue Leping, Deng Tao, Zhang Rui, Zhang zhaoqun, F. Heller, Wang Jianqi, Yang Lirong. Paleogeochronology and Himalayan uplift record of longlonggou section in Jilong wama basin, Tibet. Journal of Geophysics, 2004, 471009-1016. E Journal of Geophysics, 2004, 47, 1135-1142
25.L. Yue, Y. Zhang, G. Qi, F. Heller. J. Wang, L. Yang, R. Zhang. Paleomagnetic age and paleobiological significance of hominoid fossil strata of Yuanmou Basin in Yunnan. Science in China Ser.D. 2004, 47, 405-411
27. Yue Leping, Deng Tao, Zhang Yunxiang, Wang Jianqi, Zhang Rui, Yang Lirong, f.heller. Study on magnetic stratigraphy of Baode stratotype section. Journal of stratigraphy. 2004.28, 48-51
|Departments：||General Geology Teaching and Research Office|
|Direction：||Engaged in interdisciplinary research in Quaternary Geology and environment, geophysics, environmental magnetism, neotectonics and other disciplines.|