Professor Zhang Guowei, born in Nanyang, Henan Province in 1939. In 1961, he graduated from the Department of geology of Northwest University and stayed as a teacher. He was elected academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences in 1999. At present, he is the director of Academic Committee of Northwest University, chairman of Academic Committee of Academic Degree Committee of Northwest University, director of Academic Committee of State Key Laboratory of continental dynamics, member of international lithosphere China Committee, and specially invited consultant of decision-making advisory committee of Shaanxi provincial government. He once served as a member of the discipline evaluation group of the academic degree committee of the State Council, the director of the Steering Committee for Geoscience teaching of the Ministry of education, the honorary director of the Chinese Geological Society and the honorary director of the Shaanxi Geological Society. At present, he is the director of Editorial Committee of Journal of Northwest University, Editorial Committee of more than 10 academic journals such as geological review, geoscience front edge and geoscience progress.
He has been engaged in the teaching and research of geological science for a long time. He has carried out the comprehensive research of Precambrian Geological Structure and early crustal evolution focusing on the south of North China block, the Central Orogenic System focusing on Qinling Mountains and the orogenic belts and basins of the basins on both sides. He has made a comparative study of Tianshan, Yinshan, Qilian, Kunlun, Qingzang, Sanjiang Hengduan Mountains and the southeast coast of China, as well as a comparative study The main orogenic belts and blocks in the world, such as the Alps, the west coast of Europe, the west coast of central Europe, the Bohemia block, the Baltic block, the North American block, the west coast of England, the Cordillera and Appalachia in America and Canada, the Iranian block and the Zagros orogenic belt, are examined. He has successively presided over and completed "iron rich research (iron rich research in central Henan)", "early crustal formation and evolution research in the south of North China block", "lithospheric structure, evolution and metallogenic background of Qinling orogenic belt", "composition, evolution and dynamic characteristics of MIANLUE structural belt in Qinling", "formation and evolution of West Qinling Songpan structural knot and continental dynamics research", "China" There are 9 national and ministerial major projects and key projects, more than 20 national funds, geological and mineral, petroleum, metallurgy and other scientific research projects, and 9 international cooperation research projects. He has been invited to the United States, Britain, Germany, Canada, Switzerland, Austria, northern Europe, Middle East Iran and other countries for cooperative research, investigation and exchange. In the fields of orogenic belt and basin, Precambrian geology, continental structure and continental dynamics, creative achievements in systems science have been made. He has published 7 books and more than 350 papers (including cooperation). In recent years, he has presided over the strategic consulting project "strategic research on plate tectonics and continental dynamics development" of the National Natural Science Foundation of China and the Chinese Academy of Sciences, and also served as academic guidance, consultant or expert group member for a number of research projects such as major research plan projects, major projects and national innovation research team of the National Natural Science Foundation of China.
The research achievements have won the second prize of National Natural Science and the first and second prizes of science and technology progress of Ministry of education and other ministries. In 1986, he was rated as a national expert with outstanding contributions, in 1989, as a national excellent teacher, in 1991, he was granted a special allowance by the government of the State Council, in 1995, he was awarded a model worker in the scientific and technological front of Shaanxi Province, in 2000, he was awarded the title of national advanced worker by the State Council, in 2004, he was rated as a national advanced individual in the professional ethics and a model teacher in the professional ethics of Shaanxi Province, in 2006, he was rated as a provincial famous teacher in Shaanxi Province, 2014 He was awarded the national model of teaching and education. In 2015, he won the first major contribution award of basic research in Shaanxi Province.
1. Zhang Guowei, Bai Yubao, Sun Yong, et al., 1985. Composition and Evolution of the Archaean Crust in Central Henan, China . Precambrian Research , 27(1-3): 7-35.
2. Zhang Guowei et al., 1988, formation and evolution of Qinling orogenic belt, Northwest University Press, 1-192
3. Zhang Guowei , Yu Zaiping, Sun Yong, et al., 1989，The major suture zone of the Qinling orogenic belt. Journal of Southeast Asain Earth Science , 3(1-4): 63-76.
4. Zhang Guowei , Yu Zaiping, Zhou Dingwu, et al., 1989，Phanerozoic plate tectonics and Intracontinental orogeny of the Qinling belt. Progess in Geosciences of China (1985-1988) －Paper to 28thIGC, 193-197.
5. Zhang Guowei, Zhou Dingwu, Yu Zaiping, et al., 1990, structural characteristics and evolution of the early Archean Caozhuang complex in Eastern Hebei. Selected papers of the third National Conference on structural geology, International Symposium on tectonic evolution and dynamics of continental lithosphere (Ⅱ), Science Press, 44-55
6. Zhang Guowei, Zhang Zongqing, Dong Yunpeng, 1995, structural properties and Geotectonic Significance of main structural lithostratigraphic units in Qinling orogenic belt. Acta petrologica Sinica, 11 (2): 101-114
7. Zhang Guowei, Meng Qingren, Lai Shaocong，1995，Tectonics and structure of Qinling orogenic belt. Science in China (Ser.B) ,38(11): 1379-1394.
8. Zhang Guowei, Xiang Liwen, Meng Qingren, 1995，The Qinling orogenic and intracontinental orogenic mechanism. Episodes, 18(1-2): 36-39.
9. Zhang Guowei, Meng Qingren, Yu Zaiping, et al., 1996，Orogenesis and dynamics of the Qinling Orogen. Science in China (Ser.D) , 39(3): 225-234.
10. Zhang Guowei, Guo Anlin, Liu Futian, et al., 1996，Three-dimentional architecture and dynamic analysis of the Qinling Orogenic Belt. Science in China (Series D) , 39( Supp.): 1-9.
11. Zhang Guowei, Zhang Benren, Yuan Xuecheng, 1996, three dimensional structural map of Qinling orogenic process and lithosphere (in Chinese and English). Science Press
12. Zhang Guowei, Liu Xiaoming, 1998, some thoughts on the "Central Orogenic Belt". Geoscience, 23 (5): 443-448
13. Zhang Guowei, Li Sanzhong, Liu Junxia, et al., 1999, structural characteristics and evolution of Ili Basin, Xinjiang. Geoscience front, L6 (4): 203-214
14. Zhang Guowei, Yu Zaiping, Dong Yunpeng, Yao Anping, 2000, discussion on Precambrian structural pattern and evolution in Qinling area. Acta petrologica Sinica, 16 (1): 11-21
15. Zhang Guowei, Zhang Benren, Yuan Xuecheng, et al., 2001, Qinling orogenic belt and continental dynamics, Science Press, 1-855
16. Zhang Guowei, Dong Yunpeng, Yao Anping, 2002, some thoughts on China's Chinese mainland dynamics and orogenic belts. Chinese geology, 29 (1):7-13.
17. Zhang Guowei, Dong Yunpeng, Pei Xianzhi, Yao Anping, on the Meso Cenozoic intracontinental structural system tract around Siberia. Geological bulletin, 2002, 21 (4-5): 198-201
18. Zhang Guowei, Guo Anlin, Yao Anping, 2004, the West Qinling Mountains Songpan continental tectonic knot in the Chinese mainland structure. The leading edge of geology, 11 (3):23-32.
19. Zhang Guowei , Dong Yunpeng, Lai Shaocong, et al., 2004，Mianlue tectonic zone and Mianlue suture zone on southern margin of Qinling-Dabie orogenic belt. Science in China, Ser. D, 47(4):300-316.
20. Zhang Guowei, Guo Anlin, Yao Anping, 2006，Thoughts on studies of China continental geology and tectonics. Progress in Natural Science, 16(10):1022-1026.
21. Zhang Guowei, Guo Anlin, 2007, suggestions on strengthening the study of rheological tectonics. Geological science, 42 (1): 10-15
22. Zhang Guowei, Guo Anlin, Dong Yunpeng, et al., 2009, deepening the study of continental tectonics, developing plate tectonics, promoting the development of solid earth science. JOURNAL OF NORTHWEST UNIVERSITY (NATURAL SCIENCE EDITION), 39 (3): 345-349
23. Zhang Guowei, Guo Anlin, Dong Yunpeng, Yao Anping, 2011, continental geology, continental structure and continental dynamics. Geoscience front, 18 (3): 1-12
24.Zhang Guowei, Guo Anlin, Wang Yuejun, et al., 2013, Tectonics of South China continent and its implications, Science China: Earth Sciences, 56(11):1804-1828.
25. Zhang Guowei, et al. 2015, "Mian Lue tectonic belt in Qinling Mountains and dynamics in Chinese mainland", Science Press, 1-501.
|Departments：||General Geology Teaching and Research Office|
|Honors：||National Excellent Teacher，National Model Worker (Exemplary Individual)，Experts enjoying special government allowances，National Expert with Outstanding Contributions，Academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences|
|Direction：||Structural geology, Precambrian geology, continental structure and continental dynamics|