He obtained the Ph.D. degree in geological resources and geological engineering from China University of Petroleum (Beijing) in February, 2015-2018, postdoctoral of Curtin University in Australia, and now teaches in the Department of geology of Northwest University in 2012, and has been a part-time associate professor of Curtin University in Australia since 2019.
2、 Scientific research
1. Academic papers
1) Hongyan Yu*, Zhenliang Wang, Reza Rezaee, Yihuai Zhang, Lezorgia N. Nwidee, Xi
carbonate reservoirs in Ordos basin, China: Implications for hydrocarbon
preservation by machine learning. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering,
2020. 185: 106673.
Yu. A method to evaluate pore structures of fractured tight sandstone
reservoirs using borehole electrical image logging. AAPG Bulletin, 2020, 104(1):
3) Hongyan Yu*, Yihuai Zhang, Yao Ma, Maxim Lebedev, Shakil Ahmed, Xiaolong Li,
Michael Verrall, Andrew Squelch, Stefan Iglauer. CO2 saturated brine
geo-sequestration. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth. 2019, 124(11): 10823-10838.
Squelch, Stefan Iglauer. X-ray micro-computed tomography and ultrasonic
velocity analysis of fractured shale as a function of effective stress. Marine
Yihuai Zhang, Maxim Lebedev, Yu Jing, Hongyan
Yu, Stefan Iglauer. In-situ X-ray micro-computed tomography imaging of the
flooding. International Journal of Coal Geology, 2019, 203: 28-35.
Yihuai Zhang, Maxim Lebedev, Zhengliang Wang, Jingfeng Ma, Zhihao Cui, Michael
Verrall, Andrew Squelch, Stefan Iglauer. CO2 saturated brine
reservoir conditions[J]. Energy Procedia, 2018, 154: 125-130.
Lukman Johnson. Porosity estimation in kerogen-bearing shale
gas reservoirs, Journal of Natural Gas Science & Engineering, 2018,
8) Hongyan Yu*, Yihuai Zhang*, Maxim Lebedev,
Al-Khdheeawi, AhmedAl-Yaseri, Stefan Iglauer. Nanoscale geomechanical
Engineering, 2018, 162: 736–746
method to determine nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) T2 cutoff based
Xiao, Zhiqiang Mao, Junran Li, Hongyan Yu. Effect of hydrocarbon on
evaluating formation pore structure using nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)
11) Hongyan Yu*, Reza Rezaee, Zhengliang
Al-Khdheeawi, Hongyan Yu*, Xiaomeng Xu, Stefan Iglauer. Characterization of nanoscale rockmechanical
properties and microstructures of a Chinese sub-bitumin. Journal of Natural Gas
Science & Engineering. 2018, 52: 106–116
Wei, Xiaoyan Qin. Zhengliang Wang, Aiguo Wang. Gas and water distribution of
14) Hongyan Yu*,
Zhenliang Wang, Hao Cheng. An identified method for lacustrine shale gas
reservoir lithofacies using logs A case study for No.7 section in Yanchang
formation in Ordos basin. The Open Petroleum Engineering Journal, 2015(8):
15) Yu Hongyan *, Li Hongqi. Study on fine evaluation method of low resistivity reservoir based on genetic mechanism. Journal of Jilin University (Geoscience Edition), 2012, 42 (2): 336-343 (EI)
16) Yu Hongyan *, Li Hongqi, Zhang Wanlong, et al. Study on log interpretation method of horizontal well in Aonan oilfield. Journal of petroleum weather. 2012, 34 (1): 84-88 (Chinese core)
Wang Zhenliang, Yu Hongyan, Cheng Hao, Lei Yuhong, Luo Xiaorong, Zhang Lixia, Jiang Chengfu, climax. A new method for shale brittleness evaluation based on petrophysics and mineral composition, Natural Gas Geoscience, October 10, 2016, (10):
Qin Xiaoyan, Wang Zhenliang, Yu Hongyan, Cheng Hao, Lei Yuhong, Luo Xiaorong, Zhang Lixia, Jiang Chengfu, climax. Evaluation of brittle geophysical logging of continental Shale Based on rock mechanics characteristics -- Taking the 7 member of Yanchang Formation in Xiasiwan area in the southeast of Ordos Basin as an example, geophysical progress, 2016, 02:762-769
Xu Changfu, Li Xiongyan, Tan Fengqi, Yu Hongyan, Li Hongqi. Task driven data mining and its application in low resistivity reservoir identification. Journal of Jilin University (Geoscience Edition), 2012, 42 (01): 39-46
Yu Hongyan, Wang Zhenliang, Cheng Hao. Porosity measurement method of authigenic reservoir, 2016.6.8, China, cn201610403799.8
3. Academic conferences and exchanges
Yu *, Xiaolong Li, ZhengliangWang, Reza
Rezaee, Litao Gan. The Rock Mechanical Properties of Lacustrine Shales from
2) Hongyan Yu*,
Yihuai Zhang, Maxim Lebedev, Zhengliang Wang, Michael Verrall, Stefan Iglauer.
Reactive Flow in Unconsolidated Sandstone: Application to Carbon
Geosequestration[C]. Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition &
Conference. Society of Petroleum Engineers, 2018.
3) Hongyan Yu*,
Xiaolong Wei, Zheng liangWang, Reza Rezaee, Yihuai Zhang, Maxim Lebedev, Stefan
Iglauer. Review of water saturation calculation methods in shale gas
reservoir[C]. SPE Asia Pacific Oil and Gas Conference and Exhibition. Society
of Petroleum Engineers, 2018.
4) Hongyan Yu*, Zhengliang Wang, Reza Rezaee, Yang Su, Wei Tan, Yujie Yuan, Yihuai Zhang, Liang
Xiao, Xi Liu. Applications of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Logs in Shale
Gas Reservoirs for Pore Size Distribution Evaluation. in: Unconventional
Resources Technology Conference (URTEC), Austin, USA, 2017, 7.24-7.26.
5) Hongyan Yu*, Zhengliang Wang, Reza
Rezaee, Xi Liu, Yihuai Zhang, Omolegho
Imokhe. Fluid Type Identification in Carbonate Reservoir Using Advanced
Statistical Analysis. in: SPE Oil and Gas India Conference and Exhibition, Mumbai,
6) Hongyan Yu*, Zhengliang Wang, Reza Rezaee, Muhammad Arif, Liang Xiao. Characterization of
Elastic Properties of Lacustrine Shale Reservoir Using Well Logging and Core
SPE Asia Pacific Oil & Gas Conference and Exhibition, Perth, WA, 2016,
Yu*, Zhengliang Wang, Reza Rezaee,
Yihuai Zhang, Liang Xiao, Xiaorong Luo. The Gaussian Process Regression for TOC
Estimation Using Wireline Logs in Shale Gas Reservoirs, in International
Petroleum Technology Conference, Bangkok, Thailad, 2016, 11.14-11.16.
8) Yu Hongyan *, Wang Zhenliang, Cheng Hao, et al. Analysis of the main control factors of the distribution of gas and water in the carbonate formation of the fifth member of the Majian formation in Jingbian area, the Eighth China Academic Conference on petroleum systems and reservoirs, Hangzhou, China, 2015
4. Project situation
1) Research on mechanical response mechanism of lacustrine shale based on saturation and different scales, sponsored by National Natural Science Youth Fund, 2020-2023.
2) Based on the research on the main control factors of elastic mechanics of lacustrine shale reservoir under the constraints of saturation and lithofacies type, the project of young talent promotion program of Shaanxi University Association of science and technology, 2018-2020, presided over.
3) Research on pore development characteristics and sedimentary law of Luohe formation aquifer in Binchang mining area, hosted by China coal technology and industry group, 2018-2020.
4) Shale characteristics and shale sedimentary facies analysis of Yan'an Zhiluo Formation of coal seam roof in Zhaojin coal mine, China coal technology and industry group, 2017-2018, participated.
5) Well logging evaluation method for effective reservoir boundary of tight oil and gas, subject of Shaanxi Key Laboratory of mineral resources exploration and comprehensive utilization, 2015-2018, presided over.
6) Interpretation model of pore structure of continental shale gas reservoir based on logging data, youth talent project of scientific research program of Shaanxi Provincial Department of education, 2013-2016, presided over.
7) Response mechanism and pore structure characteristics of resistivity logging of continental shale gas reservoir, development project of National Key Laboratory of continental dynamics, 2013-2016, presided over.
8) Potential evaluation and favorable target prediction of continental shale gas resources in the lower member of Yanchang formation, Ordos Basin, Yanchang Petroleum Company, 2013-2016, participated.
|Departments：||Petroleum Engineering Teaching and Research Office|
|Direction：||Petrophysics, digital core, logging geology, unconventional reservoir evaluation, machine learning, rock mechanics and carbon dioxide storage research|